Find funding opportunities for you and/or your creative business.
CREATIVE SCOTLAND INVESTMENT
Creative Scotland is the national agency for the arts, screen and creative industries, investing money from Scottish Government and the National Lottery towards the development of Scotland's creative future.
Nesta is a leading investor in innovation, from technology start-ups and public policy, to social enterprise and backing creative individuals.
Ambition Scotland is a £1m digital development programme for 2012/3 specifically designed to support individuals and organisations working in the arts, culture and heritage sectors in Scotland.
FIFE INVESTMENT FUND & CREATE IN FIFE FUND
These Fife Council funded grants can help with funding to encourage small companies in Fife to invest and grow their business and can help in the areas of: plant and machinery, property improvements, product development, process improvement, training and market development.
The Create in Fife Fund offers a 50% contribution up to a maximum of £500 and will support the following areas:-
- Market development
- Web development
- Feasibility research
- Process and product development
- Trade exhibition attendance as an exhibitor although not travel costs
- E-commerce development
- Expert help consultancy contributions
- Capital equipment
- Premise refurbishment
EAST OF SCOTLAND INVESTMENT FUND (ESIF)
The East of Scotland Investment Fund (ESIF) is a consortium of 9 Local Authorities, including Fife Council, working together to provide loan finance to new and growing businesses within the east of Scotland.
SCOTTISH INVESTMENT BANK
The Scottish Investment Bank (SIB) supports the development of Scotland’s private sector SME funding market to ensure both early stage and established businesses with growth and export potential have adequate access to growth capital.
SIB operates a suite of investment funds.
LEADER IN FIFE 2014 - 2020
The communities of Fife have benefited from having a LEADER rural development programme since 2000. The 2014-2020 Fife LEADER Programme is a new programme worth £3.4million, covering rural areas within North East and South West Fife. The programme will support community projects, rural businesses and farm diversification.
Our key priorities are:
Improving access to high quality services, jobs, training opportunities and local amenities
Improving collaborative activities between both businesses and communities, and unlocking tourism potential
Reducing inequalities for residents and empowering communities to deliver more services locally
The vision for the Fife LEADER Programme (2014-2020) is:
"To enhance the quality of life in rural Fife by making a positive contribution towards creating an inclusive and sustainable local economy"
CULTURAL ENTERPRISE OFFICE – STARTER FOR 6
Starter for 6 is an enterprise training programme that supports up and coming entrepreneurs from the creative industries across Scotland. By helping to turn creative ideas into successful businesses, the programme not only contributes towards the success of the Scottish economy but also raises the awareness and profile of talented entrepreneurs in Scotland.
FIFE CONTEMPORARY ART & CRAFT GRANTS & FUNDING
Information on funding opportunities for Craft & Visual Artists.
CREATIVE CHOICES FUNDING SEARCH FACILITY
Sources of funding for your creative projects.
Funding microsite with details of IdeasTap funding and other opportunities.
LINC Scotland is the national association for business angels in Scotland, with a membership which includes many active individual investors and most of the main angel groups or syndicates.
CREATIVE ARTS INVESTMENT NETWORK (CAIN)
CAIN acts as a ‘broker’ in the creative arts sector, providing a key introductory service to potential angel investors in film, theatre and music, to creative arts companies looking for investment.
BUSINESS TAILOR INNOVATION FUND
Innovation funding of up to £5,000 is available to Scottish based SMEs to support projects with our Business Tailor partners to develop or improve products, processes or services that will benefit your business.
Global funding platform for creative projects. Started in America, now will host projects from all over the world – promotes the project and collects funding support from supporters.
CAPITAL FOR ENTERPRISE
UK Government’s centre of knowledge, expertise and information on the design, implementation and management of finance measures to support SMEs across the UK.
HERITAGE LOTTERY FUND
HLF in Scotland is supporting projects that create opportunities for volunteering, learning and celebrating our culture.
ARTS & BUSINESS SCOTLAND
Arts & Business aims to foster relationships between business and the arts and provide funding opportunities.
CRAFT & VISUAL ARTIST PROJECT GRANTS, MENTORING GRANTS AND DEVELOPMENT BURSARIES
- In partnership with Creative Scotland and Fife Council, Fife Cultural Trust and Fife Contemporary Art & Craft have launched 3 revised funding and support awards for Fife based craft and visual artists in 2015/16
- 1 DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
- A bursary scheme which aims to support the ambition and creative development of individual craft/visual artists based in Fife (this replaces the First & Next Steps’ awards). It supports artists who are at a stage in their career where they have identified the opportunity for significant development of their artistic practice to take it to a different level.
- A bursary of £1,500 plus an allowance of up to a further £1,500 is provided for an artist to follow a tailored and agreed 12 month programme of professional development.
- Three places are available on the 2015-16 programme.2 MENTORING PROGRAMME
- Aims to support the ambition and creative development of individual craft/visual artists based in Fife. It provides a one-off mentoring session to help an artist to reflect on and clarify the way forward concerning a particular aspect of their practice or how to develop a particular project. (Note, the financial support goes to the appointed mentor, not the artist receiving the mentoring.) 3 PROJECT GRANT
- Aims to support the ambition and creative development of individual craft/visual artists based in Fife. It provides grants to support specific projects which provide an individual artist the opportunity to develop their practice. For full details of eligibility and criteria for applying, please see the Guidelines. If you are thinking of applying for any of the above, please contact Diana or Susan at FCA&C to discuss beforehand (tel 01334 474610).